It’s always a victory when parents discover a healthy alternative to their children’s favorite foods. These frozen nutty banana nibblers can take the place of the sugary ice cream treats that kids love so much! Healthy, fun-sized, and easy to make, this recipe should be one for all parent’s cookbook!
What you will need:
-5 medium ripe bananas
-1 tbsp. all natural creamy peanut butter
– 2 oz. non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Peel one banana, and in a medium sized bowl, mash it with the peanut butter and yogurt until a it is nice and creamy. Then, set it aside.
2. Peel the other four bananas and slice them all into half-inch thick slices
3. Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of half of the banana slices
4. Top the smeared banana slices with the other ones, creating tiny banana sandwiches.
5. Place the sandwiches on a plate and freeze for at least two hours.
Then just take them out of the freezer and enjoy! These little snacks make the perfect summer treat and should serve about four. Let us know that you think!